Monday 28 January 2013

End of the Month Update: January


So it’s the last Monday of the month, and I’ve decided that this will mean an update with my progress on my New Years Resolutions.

First on the subject of my weight and fitness, I started off well, having joined Fitocracy (more on this later), and had been on the right track until my knee suddenly swelled up to twice its size. I honestly have no idea what I did, but after several days of caring for it (Rest, Ice, Compression, Elevation), and careful use of anti inflammatories, I’m ready to continue my workouts. I’d also started counting my calories a few months back, which seemed to be working well when I was doing it. I took the month of December off, and that turned into January as well, but I intend to return to this method as of February first. As of this date, I’m 305 lbs, down from 328 when I started, and I’m going to keep a monthly log.

Second, my house is in order, at least for the most part. I’m actually happy with most of it. I have a bedroom office which is almost usable, for lack of a chair. My kitchen, dining room, and living room are serviceably comfortable. My basement has finally become a place to entertain. The only thing marring my home now is a stack of boxes in one corner of the basement, and I fully intend to have those taken care of before February first.

Third, as to my skills, I realize that this is a difficult one to track, but I’m happy to say that at least one very important skill has had a lot of work. My confidence in my abilities has grown, and I’ll be putting some of them to the test tonight to gauge what else needs to be worked on next.

Fourth, my blog has been updated weekly, on Mondays, and I’m working on a buffer so that I can have a post ready to go on Sunday evening, but that might take a bit of time.

Fifth, my business. I know this is tied in closely with my third resolution, and also won’t be resolved until the end of the year, but I have made progress. Next month I may have something more to say about this one.

Now, a nod to the first post of the month. I realize that I didn’t comment after the fact, but I did manage to get everything accomplished. The desk is moved and now serves as an entertainment centre in the basement. The room is tidy, and I’ve been blogging regularly.

All in all, things are looking good, and I’m feeling good about them. I hope that you all have had as much success with your resolutions, but even if you’re off to a rocky start, please don’t give up! Self improvement is possible, it just takes hard work!

Thanks for reading,


-Step.

No comments:

Post a Comment